Grab the RSS feed

Waking Up to Obama


I was awake this morning at 3am listening to ABC Radio, to bare 'listener' to quite possibly the most important and monumental historical event of this century. The inauguration speech delivered by President Obama was nothing short of inspirational. Yes indeed, change has finally arrived. This day has definitely put all the other 'new' days to shame for me. Already, I feel the dramatic difference.

These are as follows:

- A sweet cocktail of hope, pride and excitement for the possibilities replaced the distasteful health-kick, veg & fruit, 'vomit-juice' I chug down every morning.

- The decision to stay angry at a certain someone, now seems childish and immature.

- New year resolution of being more adventurous is answered by a message sent by a fellow couchsurfer asking to crash on my couch for a few days.

AND...

- My obsession with American politics, culture and info-tainment has just exploded to new heights.

On a serious note though, I love Obama! Even though the road ahead makes Mt Everest look like a walk in the park, the installment of a new world leader with such brilliant caliber, gives me faith.

1 comments:

  • Marcus said...

    awesome post, It's cool to see that it meant as much to you in Australia as it did for us over here!

  •